VOLUNTEER / VISITOR
At Coloma Community Schools, we pride ourselves on providing a safe learning environment for our students. As such, we require all volunteers to complete and pass a background check via a designated online provider.
VOLUNTEER (Requires the BIB Background Check)
Volunteers are defined as: parents/relatives who will be alone in a supervisory role with school children. Examples of a volunteer are:
- A parent who drives a group of students to a field trip; PLEASE NOTATE CODE 01 WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION
- A parent who takes a group of students during a field trip; PLEASE NOTATE CODE 02 WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION
- A parent who works with a student or group of students outside of the classroom (mentoring, etc); PLEASE NOTATE CODE 03 WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION
VISITOR (Requires only a Visitors Pass)
Visitors are defined as: parents/relatives who will NOT be alone in a supervisory role with school children. Examples of a visitor are:
- A parent that wishes to work in their child's classroom while the teacher is present;
- A parent that wishes to attend class parties;
- A parent that wishes to help with field day;
In these cases, a background check is NOT required. If you just want to visit your child’s classroom, all you need to do is to sign in with the office and you will receive a visitor’s pass.
If you are intending to volunteer, please click here to be redirected to BIB’s webpage to begin the process of the background check. This is free to you! NOTE: During a high volume of requests - it could take up to 7 or more days for your background check to be processed. Please apply in plenty of time to allow for this.